Lightmetrics is a computer vision AI platform which enhances vehicle fleet management experience for the enterprises. It gives a 360-degree view of driving behavior by providing visual context to driving data. Their managed CouchDB service wasn’t able to keep pace with their growth and was falling short on expectations. They needed a highly available,resilient and scalable DB cluster which is hosted within their AWS account.
Comprinno has been a great partner for Lightmetrics DevOps needs and we look
forward to continuing our association with them.
Dr. Pushkar Patwardhan,
• Match the standards claimed by the incumben service provider (IBM Cloudant)
• Comparable or better features than the managedDB solution.
• Point-in-time database backup restoration ability
• Meet the expectations on high performance bar
• Prove the resilience characteristic of the solution
• Design cost effective solution with provisions for the cost control
• Highly available multi AZ CouchDB cluster helped address resilience requirement
• Private VPC and use of placement group enhanced security and access speed
• Full AMI snapshots made it easy to restore database from a point in time
• Performance hardened EC2 instances improved the DB query speed drastically
• Intensive Chaos testing validated the resilience and made it production grade setup.
• Integration with Comprinno’s auto remediation platform, Tevico, made the setup shock resistant
• 10 times faster database query performance
• 50% operational cost reduction
• Enhanced security posture makes the database more secure
• Inbuilt disaster recovery feature increase the BCP readiness
• Considerably lower cost of ownership